Macedon Lodge gallopers for unreserved sale with Inglis Digital
12th Sep 2018
Stakes performing stayers Bondi Beach, Aloft, Foundry, Crocodile Rock, Nevis and Amralah are among 14 horses to be offered unreserved by Lloyd and Nick Williams in the Inglis Digital September Online Auction.
The ‘Hudson Conway Reduction Sale’ will complement a catalogue of tried horses, broodmares, race fillies, racehorse shares and yearlings offered by other vendors, with entries for the sale open until September 19.
To ensure everyone has a chance to conduct their own checks, an Open Inspection Day will be held at Inglis’Oaklands Junction in Victoria on Tuesday, September 25.
(A full list of the Hudson Conway Reduction draft is below)
Nick Williams said there is something for everyone in the draft, from a potential stallion prospect in Amralah, to Elgin who ran 3rd on debut last week.
“There are some well-credentialled horses like Crocodile Rock and Bondi Beach,’’ Williams said.
“I am sure some of these horses will win plenty of races.”
Many gallopers formerly sold by the Macedon Lodge operation have been successful for their new connections, led by the most famous example Vengeance of Rain, who went onto claim the Group 1 Hong Kong QEII Cup, Group 1 Hong Kong Derby, Group 1 Dubai Sheema Classic and Hong Kong Horse of the Year honours in 2007.
Tanby won the Group 1 Adelaide Cup and placed in several Stakes races in Victoria while I’m Imposing (dual Group 3 winner), Collar (a winner of multiple Country Cups) and Niblick (Listed winner) are other strong examples.
More recently, Kim Waugh has enjoyed victory with Goathland and Our Century, the latter winning the Listed Lord Mayor’s Cup in May at his second start for new connections.
Goathland will have his chance for black-type triumph on Friday in the Group 3 Newcastle Cup.
The tried horse market has also been a source of success for vendors and buyers with Inglis Digital since the platform was launched in May 2017.
The monthly online auctions have enjoyed significant growth, regularly turning over seven figures in 2018 and also highlighted by two subsequent Group 1 performers Mica Lil and Augustus.
“The world has changed and it continues to change, we have to keep up with the times, so we thought it was a good opportunity to use the online platform,” Nick Williams said.
Inglis Digital’s Nick Melmeth said the support of Team Williams is testament to the reputation of the monthly auctions.
“It’s been a product that has built its own momentum over the past 14 months,’’ Melmeth said.
“Each month sees horses sell from $500 to more than $200,000, which means everyone has the chance to be involved no matter what their budget.”
The catalogue for the Inglis Digital September Online Auction will be available by 1pm on Friday September 21 (AEST), with bidding to open at 3pm.
The ‘final countdown’ of bidding commences with Lot 1 at 5pm Wednesday (AEST), September 26, with each lot staggered in one-minute increments.
Further information can be found in the FAQs section at inglisdigital.com.
To register for bidding ahead of Inglis Digital September Online Auction, visit inglisdigital.com.
**HUDSON CONWAY REDUCTION FULL LIST: **
• Aloft (IRE) – A Listed winner in Europe and Australia. The Galileo gelding’s most recent victory was in the Listed Roy Higgins Quality in March
• Bondi Beach (IRE) – Lightly raced son of Galileo with 14 career starts, the four-time winner has competed in the Melbourne Cup on three occasions
• ** Foundry (IRE)** – Last year’s winner of Gr.1 The Metropolitan, Foundry last raced in the Bendigo Cup last spring, finishing third to Qewy
• Hans Holbein (GB) – A Gr.3 winner in England, the Montjeu gelding was imported to Australian after a 7th in The Derby at Epsom. Last year Hans Holbein won at Bendigo and Flemington
• Amralah (IRE) – An entire by Teofilo Gr.3 who has also won in England, Amralah is a winner of the Gr.2 Herbert Power in Australia and the Gr.3 Lancaster Stakes in England. Amralah’s female family includes the outstanding six-time international Gr.1 winner turned black-type producer, Midday, plus Elmaamul, Reams of Verse and Zacinto.
• Streetcar To Stars (GB) – A winner at the Curragh and Listed Nijinsky Cup runner-up, Streetcar To Stars resumed this year with a 2nd at Sandown in July, followed by a 5th at Moonee Valley over 2500m in early August
• Crocodile Rock (IRE) – Twice a winner at Sandown in 2017, Crocodile Rock last raced at Flemington in August. He was 2nd in the JRA Trophy in September last year
• Kilimanjaro (IRE) – A winner of the Listed Derby Trial Stakes in England, before a 6th and 4th in The Derby and Irish Derby respectively, Kilimanjaro has been well performed in Australia, with three 3rd placings and a 2nd at Flemington. His last start saw him run 3rd at Flemington on August 11.
• Venezuela (IRE) – A 5YO Irish import by Galileo, that last raced for Aidan O’Brien in May last year, winning over a mile.
• Elgin (NZ) – A 4YO gelding by Rip Van Winkle, he ran 3rd on debut at Ballarat over 1600m last week.
• Carlo Bugatti (IRE) – A Mornington winner by Montjeu, hasn’t raced in 2018
• Nevis (IRE) – A winner of the Listed Golden Mile at Bendigo, Nevis hasn’t raced since August last year
• Little White Cloud (IRE) – A striking grey son of Dalakhani, Little White Cloud is a Flemington winner and was twice Group placed in Ireland. He ran 3rd in the Listed Pakenham Cup in 2016
• Hartani (IRE) – A Gr.3 winner of the Curragh Cup, he hasn’t raced for some time
Inglis Sales Catalogues
2019 February Monthly Online Sale
22, 27 February 2019
2019 Melbourne Premier Yearling Sale
3, 4, 5, 6 March 2019
2019 Australian Easter Yearling Sale
9, 10 April 2019
2019 Melbourne Gold Yearling Sale
28 April 2019