Scorching start to 2019 for Inglis Digital
25th Jan 2019
Inglis Digital will celebrate the New Year with a huge January online catalogue, consisting of more than double the amount of entries compared to January 2018.
The January 2019 catalogue has attracted 232 entries, making it the second-largest since the inception of Inglis Digital in May 2017.
Many vendors have supported the online auction with multiple entries including: Lindsay Park Racing (18), Arrowfield Stud (8), Golden Grove Stud (6), Australian Bloodstock (5), Ciaron Maher Racing (4), Newgate Farm (3), Aquis Farm (3) and Middlebrook Valley Lodge (3).
While the tried horse category is characteristically strong with 144 lots, including two from New Zealand, the broodmare section (70 lots) has set a high benchmark for Inglis Digital.
Among them is Sophia Lago (Encosta de Lago), an unreserved three-quarter-sister to Alinghi and the dam of Beneteau.
Consigned by Lyndhurst Stud Farm, Sophia Lago is being sold with a Better Than Ready colt at foot and back in foal to the leading first-crop sire.
Turangga Farm offer young Starcraft mare Star Resort in foal to Spirit of Boom, while Arrowfield Stud have five broodmares in the catalogue including Raweesha (Redoute’s Choice), in foal to Real Impact.
Other broodmare highlights include Group 2 winner Midnight Martini; Gallantly a half sister to cult stayer Who Shot Thebarman with a Choisir filly at foot; and Foxiest, a half to Silvera and from the family of Shoot Out.
Overall there are 144 racehorses offered in the January catalogue, including two from New Zealand.
Some of the headliners include:
• Bosca – 2YO Not a Single Doubt colt that was a $700,000 yearling, offered by Newgate Farm as agent (unreserved)
• Boxing – 2YO Written Tycoon gelding, ran 3rd in his only barrier trial on January 9. Offered by Newgate Farm as agent (unreserved)
• Gold Symphony – Multiple stakes winner of more than $500,000 in prizemoney (offered unreserved)
• Greenskeeper – 3YO Redoute’s Choice gelding, out of a half-sister to Fashions Afield. Offered by first-time Inglis Digital vendor Gary Portelli Racing (unreserved)
• Legislation – 3YO gelding by Not a Single Doubt, offered by Newgate Farm as agent (unreserved)
• Marston – 3YO colt by Written Tycoon, a last start winner at Horsham at his third start. Entered to run at Caulfield this Saturday over 1400m
• Sandstorm – 2YO Snitzel colt from champion Chilean mare Desert Fight, making him a three-quarter brother to stallion Panzer Division and Kebede (unreserved)
• Snitz ‘n’ Glitz – 3YO Snitzel gelding from the Redoute’s Choice family. Offered by Ciaron Maher Racing (unreserved)
• Zoophoria – 4YO mare Animal Kingdom offered by Arrowfield Stud, three wins and finished second on five occasions in just 13 starts
• 10% Share: Boomstress –2YO Spirit of Boom filly, debut winner and stakes placed in the Listed Calaway Gal. She has form around Magic Millions winner Exhilarates and Better Reflection
Last year the January sale broke new ground for Inglis Digital, reaching more than a million dollars in gross with a catalogue of 115 lots.
Seven out of the 12 Inglis Digital Online Auctions in 2018 surpassed the million dollar mark, an outstanding achievement for the fledgling platform.
The Inglis Digital buying bench has also deepened significantly in the past 12 months, with purchasers from across Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Macau.
The catalogue is now open for bidding; those without an Inglis Digital account can register to bid HERE.
The final countdown of bidding starts with Lot 1 at 5pm AEST, Wednesday, January 30.
Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct inspections and relevant vet checks over the next five days.
CLICK HERE to view the entire catalogue.
Inglis Sales Catalogues
2019 February Monthly Online Sale
22, 27 February 2019
2019 Melbourne Premier Yearling Sale
3, 4, 5, 6 March 2019
2019 Australian Easter Yearling Sale
9, 10 April 2019
2019 Melbourne Gold Yearling Sale
28 April 2019