What you need to know
Some Key Points
- Your horse is insured against death from natural causes and accidents, as well as destruction on humane grounds if certified by a qualified veterinary surgeon as being justified in order to relieve incurable suffering.
Theft coverage is also included.
- The Policy does NOT give you loss of use cover. You are NOT covered if your horse is rendered incapable of carrying out the use for which it is insured, unless of course it dies or is destroyed on humane grounds .
- At inception of cover, your horse must be confirmed to be in sound health with this documented by a veterinary certificate or a declaration of health. Pre-existing conditions that are potentially life threatening will be excluded from cover. However, at *renewal** of an annual policy, provided the condition has been notified to insurers, losses arising from that condition will be insured for a further period of 365 days.
The Policy will NOT pay:
- For any veterinary fees incurred by you in treating your horse, or post mortem expenses in the event of its death. (Except for live saving surgery cover, if pre-purchased at inception)
- For any liability arising from damage or injury caused by your horse.
- If you have your horse destroyed on economic grounds.
- For losses due to terrorism.
In order to make sure that your policy will respond in the event of a claim, it is very important that YOU NOTIFY US IF:
- Your horse suffers any illness, disease or injury. In such event you must arrange immediately to have it treated by a qualified veterinary surgeon.
- Your horse dies. You must then arrange for a full post mortem examination to be carried out.
- Your horse is stolen.
- It becomes apparent that the sum insured exceeds your horse's fair market value. You should then instruct us to adjust the sum insured accordingly, with a pro rata refund of premium accruing to you. Alternatively you should inform us if you feel the sum insured needs to be increased.
- The use of your horse described under the policy changes.
- Your horse is going to move outside the territorial/geographical limits shown on the policy.
- You dispose of any interest in your horse.
FAILURE TO ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE POLICY CONDITIONS WILL INVALIDATE YOUR POLICY
THIS SUMMARY IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE POLICY WORDING WHICH IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ
Inglis Sales Catalogues
2019 Melbourne Premier Yearling Sale
3, 4, 5, 6 March 2019
2019 Australian Easter Yearling Sale
9, 10 April 2019