Spring is in the air with September Online Sale
21st Sep 2018
The September Online Auction has opened for bidding, with 182 lots in the catalogue.
The sale features the Hudson Conway Reduction, with 14 high quality tried horses from Macedon Lodge offered unreserved in a separate category (see full list below).
Each Hudson Conway listing includes footage of the horses parading at Macedon Lodge, plus scope reports and photos.
Interested parties are invited to an Open Inspection Day to be held on Tuesday, September 25 from 9am-3pm, at Inglis’ Oaklands Junction in Victoria.
In keeping with the Melbourne Cup theme, Australian Bloodstock are also offering an unreserved 5% share in Ormito, who is qualified for the first Tuesday in November.
Parallels can be drawn between Ormito and Australian Bloodstock’s previous Melbourne Cup success stories.
He’s a German-bred import like their 2014 champion Protectionist.
He’s also by Mamool, who raced in two Melbourne Cups himself, before siring Lucas Cranach, third to Dunaden in 2011.
Overall the catalogue consists of 105 racehorses, 50 broodmares, six yearlings, four unbroken, one stallion, two service nominations and 14 racehorse shares.
A mammoth 123 lots are offered unreserved, with $500 the minimum bid to buy.
The ‘final countdown’ of bidding commences with Lot 1 at 5pm Wednesday (AEST), September 26, with each lot staggered in one-minute increments.
To register for bidding or to view the catalogue, visit inglisdigital.com.
HUDSON CONWAY REDUCTION FULL LIST:
• Aloft (IRE) – A Listed winner in Europe and Australia. The Galileo gelding’s most recent victory was in the Listed Roy Higgins Quality in March
• Amralah (IRE) – An entire by Teofilo Gr.3 who has also won in England, Amralah is a winner of the Gr.2 Herbert Power in Australia and the Gr.3 Lancaster Stakes in England. Amralah’s female family includes the outstanding six-time international Gr.1 winner turned black-type producer, Midday, plus Elmaamul, Reams of Verse and Zacinto.
• Bondi Beach (IRE) – Lightly raced son of Galileo with 14 career starts, the four-time winner has competed in the Melbourne Cup on three occasions
• Carlo Bugatti (IRE) – A Mornington winner by Montjeu, hasn’t raced in 2018
• Crocodile Rock (IRE) – Twice a winner at Sandown in 2017, Crocodile Rock last raced at Flemington in August. He was 2nd in the JRA Trophy in September last year
• Elgin (NZ) – A 4YO gelding by Rip Van Winkle, he ran 3rd on debut at Ballarat over 1600m last week.
• Foundry (IRE) – Last year’s winner of Gr.1 The Metropolitan, Foundry last raced in the Bendigo Cup last spring, finishing third to Qewy
• Hans Holbein (GB) – A Gr.3 winner in England, the Montjeu gelding was imported to Australian after a 7th in The Derby at Epsom. Last year Hans Holbein won at Bendigo and Flemington
• Hartani (IRE) – A Gr.3 winner of the Curragh Cup, he hasn’t raced for some time
• Kilimanjaro (IRE) – A winner of the Listed Derby Trial Stakes in England, before a 6th and 4th in The Derby and Irish Derby respectively, Kilimanjaro has been well performed in Australia, with three 3rd placings and a 2nd at Flemington. His last start saw him run 3rd at Flemington on August 11.
• Little White Cloud (IRE) – A striking grey son of Dalakhani, Little White Cloud is a Flemington winner and was twice Group placed in Ireland. He ran 3rd in the Listed Pakenham Cup in 2016
• Nevis (IRE) – A winner of the Listed Golden Mile at Bendigo, Nevis hasn’t raced since August last year
• Streetcar To Stars (GB) – A winner at the Curragh and Listed Nijinsky Cup runner-up, Streetcar To Stars resumed this year with a 2nd at Sandown in July, followed by a 5th at Moonee Valley over 2500m in early August
• Venezuela (IRE) – A 5YO Irish import by Galileo, that last raced for Aidan O’Brien in May last year, winning over a mile.
Inglis Sales Catalogues
2019 Australian Easter Yearling Sale
9, 10 April 2019
2019 Melbourne Gold Yearling Sale
28 April 2019