New-look Inglis Ready2Race format
21st May 2018
Inglis will move its new-look Ready2Race Sale back to Sydney and link it with the $13million The Everest as part of a host of changes to the 2018 edition.
The revamped Ready2Race Sale, for which entries are now open, will be held at Riverside Stables on Monday October 15 - two days after The Everest - and be the finale of a huge week of action at both Warwick Farm and Randwick.
More than 100 entries have already been received including 2YOs by leading stallions including Fastnet Rock, Spirit of Boom, Smart Missile, Written Tycoon, So You Think, Tavistock and Deep Field.
Half-price entries are now being taken, with any entries submitted before 5pm on Tuesday June 12 costing just $500 + GST.
To enter, contact the Inglis Sydney office on 02 9399 7999 or CLICK HERE.
In a raft of changes to the sale:
• Breeze ups will take place at Cranbourne (September 14), Taupo (September 17) and Warwick Farm (September 21), with an alternative breeze up session held at Warwick Farm three days prior to the sale
• On-course stabling is available at Riverside in the lead-up to the breeze up session at Warwick Farm, and attractive accommodation packages are available for vendor staff at The William Inglis Hotel
• Vendors will have the option to leave their drafts at Riverside Stables and prepare them on-site for the three weeks between the breeze ups and sale day
• Gallops will be filmed using state-of-the-art slow motion cameras, while vision of horses walking will also be taken to assist with the promotion of horses to buyers
• There will be enhanced exposure of vendor offerings via new social media initiatives including a dedicated Facebook page.
• International marketing trips are planned in July and September and vendors are invited to join Inglis representatives in promoting the 2018 R2R Sale.
Inglis’ Managing Director Mark Webster considers the format changes central to the success of this format of sale.
“We started this five years ago and we believe there is demand for the up-and-going product and we still believe that is right. I don’t think we have executed it perfectly yet and we are determined to get it right,” Webster said.
“We already have horses entered in the sale that have been to Warwick Farm and Cranbourne and are familiar with the tracks and their surrounds.
“It is a great advantage for young horses to feel comfortable on the tracks when they breeze up and with Taupo, Cranbourne and Warwick Farm we have three outstanding grass surfaces to work with”.
Taking on feedback from participants, Webster said Inglis’ move to Riverside Stables would create more flexibility for both vendors and buyers leading into the sale.
“The horses can come to Warwick Farm and use the track three, four or five days beforehand and get used to the track,’’ Webster said.
“Whenever the horses are training, be that at Cambridge, Warwick Farm or any racecourse they are being prepared at, it is our intention for them to wear their Lot number on their saddlecloth to allow trainers, agents, syndicators and owners to become familiar with the horses ahead of the sale, rather than just relying on the final breeze up.
“We believe this early recognition of the horses in work will allow local buyers to engage with the sale more readily.’’
Inglis’ partnership with Racing NSW and the Australian Turf Club will allow the sale to become part of the events surrounding The Everest.
Calendar of Events – Ready2Race Sale & The Everest
Friday Sept 14 – Cranbourne breeze ups
Monday Sept 17 – Taupo breeze ups
Friday Sept 21 – Warwick Farm breeze ups
Wednesday Oct 10/Thursday Oct 11 – Horses arrive at Riverside
Friday Oct 12 – Champagne brunch and parades at Riverside Stables
Saturday Oct 13 – The Everest race day at Randwick
Sunday Oct 14 – Ready2Race Inspection Day
Monday Oct 15 – Sale Day
Inglis Sales Catalogues
Open for Entries
2019 Classic Yearling Sale
9, 10, 11, 12 & 14 February 2019
2019 Melbourne Premier Yearling Sale
3, 4, 5, 6 March 2019
2019 Australian Easter Yearling Sale
8, 9, 10 April 2019
2019 Melbourne Gold Yearling Sale
28, 29 April 2019
2019 Scone Yearling Sale
12 May 2019
2018 October Monthly Online Sale
26, 31 October 2018